Celebrate The Small Things: 16 May
I came across this lovely idea on VikLit’s Writing Blog ‘Celebrate the Small Things.’ The idea is to post things to celebrate at the end of each week. I often find that we spend too much time thinking about the unobtainable. I’m very guilty for always beating myself up over the things that I haven’t managed to achieve, but it’s also important to show some appreciation for the things we do have no matter how small. So here is my list of things for this week:
- Went to the pub last night with my friends. The food and conversation was good.
- My friend had an accident with a wine glass a couple of weeks ago and sliced a tendon in his hand; He’s since had surgery. The poor guy won’t be able to play video games properly for a while, but at least he’s now on the mend.
- I got to watch a Studio Ghibli film at the cinema; The Wind Rises.
- The weather is nice and warm today. I went out for a run instead of going to the gym.
- I was asked if I’d be interested in helping someone out with a website. Always feels nice when people consider you for your skills.
- Bought all Bioshock games for £9 this week. Have already started playing the first game.