The Liebster Award
Lori L. MacLaughlin at ‘Writing, Reading, and the pursuit of Dreams‘ nominated me for a Liebster award. Lori is a fan of fantasy fiction and keeps a really interesting blog about her writing. She’s recently succeeded in getting her book ‘Lady, Thy Name Is Trouble‘ released, which I’m currently reading at the moment and thoroughly enjoying.
Answering Lori’s Questions:
- What is the best place you’ve visited?
Canada, although there are so many places to see there I struggle to narrow it down. I love mountainous terrain so the Rockies really appealed to me, but Niagara falls was also impressive and Algonquin Park was just beautiful.
- What’s the most unusual thing you’ve done?
I took tomahawk throwing lessons in Scotland.
- What’s your favourite song?
It’s hard to say because it changes often, but I guess I really liked Juliet by Sonata Arctica when I first heard it.
- What’s your favourite flavour of ice cream?
- What fictional character do you like best?
There are so many. Revan from Star Wars comes to mind though.
- What’s the best book you’ve read in the past year?
I recently read the Star Wars Darth Bane books by Drew Karpyshyn (who also writes the Mass Effect books.) I’m a fan of the author’s writing style and I found the books really interesting.
- Do you have any phobias?
Too many – I’m a slightly sensitive person :S. The main two are a fear of spiders and fainting. I also have a weird fear of getting lost and not being able to make my way back home again.
- Morning person or night owl?
It seems to change from time to time, but at the moment I seem to be most active in the morning.
- What’s at the top of your bucket list?
I’d like to tour around each of the Canary Islands.
- What do you consider your most important personality trait?
I’m pretty stubborn, which some people would say is a bad thing, but I’ve found that it helps me to get through things. Usually if I say I’m going to commit to something then I will not want to back down and give up.
- Have you ever performed or been the recipient of a random act of kindness and what was it?
A random stranger gave me their bus ticket once so I didn’t have to pay. Just random moments of politeness also don’t go unnoticed – like the other week, I was getting que jumped a lot, but this women noticed that I had actually been waiting longer and made way for me to get through. As for me, I suppose if somebody tells me they’re working on something and I think I can help then I often go out of my way to do so. I made some diagrams for somebodies university project last year and also built a website for someone.
11 Random Facts About Myself:
- I use to be a member of a Longbow Archery club.
- My favourite drinks are Mead and Baileys Irish Cream.
- I was proposed to in one of the towers in Conwy Castle, Wales.
- I have qualifications in game development.
- I’m addicted to pizza.
- I have walked up Ben Nevis (Planning to walk up Snowdon sometime :P.)
- Stargate and Merlin are my two favourite TV shows.
- I love dragons
- When I was younger I wanted to be a palaeontologist and collected tonnes of dinosaur magazines
- Fantasy and Sci-fi are my two favourite genres. I also enjoy a bit of horror from time to time.
- I use to have blue streaks in my hair.
My 11 Nominees:
- Fireside Chats – A blog about live theatre, cosplay, comics and manga.
- Planet Pasduil – A collection of interesting thoughts. Pasduil also runs another excellent blog called Thinking Play.
- XP Chronicles – Musings on the social science of gaming.
- Gaming Conversations – A blog about gaming.
- Wy Indie Gamez – Includes tutorials on game development.
- Bluehobbes – A place for fans of Pokemon and video games.
- Paranoid Sloth – Managed by a journalism student, sharing thoughts and ideas.
- Artes Del Viento – Includes stories and pictures.
- The Mental Medievalist – A blog about medieval fiction and history.
- Live With A Positive Outlook – A blog to help inspire and motivate.
- A Loud Thinker – Posts written from an introverted perspective.
The 11 questions for the nominees to answer (should they choose to accept):
- Where is your favourite place to hang out?
- What do you like to do to unwind?
- Would you consider yourself to be an outdoors or an indoors person?
- If you could have one super-power what would it be?
- If you were a sorcerer what element would you specialize in – fire, earth, air or water?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- Who are your role models?
- What is your favourite book, game or film?
- What is your favourite colour?
- If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be?
- If you could sum yourself up in just a few words, what would they be?